Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Indiana wants you!

Indiana wants you!

And you're goin' back there! (As that song from the '70s would say!)

Seriously, folks, I'm fixing to do something I haven't done yet, and you're all invited to be at this event!

For the first time, I'm planning on turning a protest against an abusive teen confinement facility into an overnight trip. This protest is hundreds of miles from here, so I'll have to be gone overnight. And I do plan on going, barring some unforeseen circumstances.

This protest is against Hephzibah House in Warsaw, Indiana - a fundamentalist all-girls facility that is confirmedly abusive.

I've been invited to this protest, to show my support for the survivors of this abusive center. I also told you about protests against Hephzibah House last June and last October. You may want to read up on those episodes for more details about the program.

So here's the scoop about the upcoming event: It happens this coming Monday, June 29, from 10 AM to 1 PM Eastern Daylight Time! It's gonna be in front of the Kosciusko County Courthouse in the middle of Warsaw, Indiana! Be there or be square!

If all goes well this week, we're leaving Sunday and returning home on Monday after the event.

And I know what the naysayers are going to say, now that I know about a protest days in advance and am able to announce it here before the fact. Their argument against me this time is going to be how I already had a fact-finding mission this year, so I shouldn't go on any more, because it Kosts Munny. But this is only for one night - as was the last one. So smile and be happy.

See ya in Warsaw!

In the meantime, here's a couple clips about previous Hephzibah House protests:



2 comments:

  1. It sucks that people have to protest against something that is already VERY illegal.

    Why are the child Abusers at Hephzibah House still walking the streets and not in jail?

    It is time to protest!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Tim! I am a survivor of Hephzibah House, and every ounce of support is appreciated. I will see you in Indiana. Gabriella

    ReplyDelete